Monday, March 23, 2009

Ft. Riley

Jim has arrived for his training and is enjoying the week in a single dorm. By week's end, however, he will either be in a 40 person barrack or a 6 person room. We are praying for the latter! He bought a new MacBook (since we heart the one I am currently typing on) and we have been able to Skype today. The kids LOVE talking to Daddy on the computer! Hayden's favorite part of the day was when Daddy was being a "robot" - his computer froze up on us and he looked and sounded like one really!

Hayden and Katie continue to do fine during the daytime with the adjustment. It helps that we have been busy! Jim did a great job reading a million books into the computer for bedtime and also recording our prayers so that even if we can't be in live contact, the kids can still enjoy Daddy reading and praying with them at bedtime. I know I sound like an old fogey when I say this, but technology these days really is amazing! It sure helps when families are left behind.

I really thought I would get more done in the evenings being alone. But Facebook still sucks me in, and man am I tired! I am blessed to have a husband who does either dishes or baths (we trade off), brushes kids' teeth, gives medicine, changes into jammies, and reads the books at night. I am so tired by day's end that I haven't started any of my organizational projects yet! I guess I do have some time left...

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are doing this!! Thank you for letting us into your beautiful life.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, Julie! I know I see you all the time, but it's still nice to read about what's going on:) Plus, I just love seeing the pictures!
    -Nicole:)

    ReplyDelete