Do you like our self-portrait? Jim breezed through BWI Airport tonight and I was able to go and see him for the last time en route to his deployment. He was originally scheduled to arrive at around 9 PM and then depart again at around 1 AM, but there was a change due to a missed connection and he arrived at 11 PM. We gathered his bags (and guns) and headed over to the AMC terminal where I was issued a pass to see him to the gate and he checked in/checked his bags in. We sat by the gate for a little while and I gave him some "stuff" which ranged from a craft that Hayden had made (a desert scene complete with a camel, gecko, cactus, and Daddy in green camo with his hat) to baby wipes (random thing that is a Mommy-must-have that might come in handy while en route for miscellaneous things). I also gave him some yummy snacks from Trader Joe's and brownies from my mom. He recorded a sweet message on my computer for the kids (have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE our MacBook?), we prayed, and then he got in line to board. It was a sweet, sweet hour. I am so thankful to have had this time with him. Please join me in praying for his safety while away as well as the continued adjustment for Hayden and Katie.
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
The Final Farewell
Do you like our self-portrait? Jim breezed through BWI Airport tonight and I was able to go and see him for the last time en route to his deployment. He was originally scheduled to arrive at around 9 PM and then depart again at around 1 AM, but there was a change due to a missed connection and he arrived at 11 PM. We gathered his bags (and guns) and headed over to the AMC terminal where I was issued a pass to see him to the gate and he checked in/checked his bags in. We sat by the gate for a little while and I gave him some "stuff" which ranged from a craft that Hayden had made (a desert scene complete with a camel, gecko, cactus, and Daddy in green camo with his hat) to baby wipes (random thing that is a Mommy-must-have that might come in handy while en route for miscellaneous things). I also gave him some yummy snacks from Trader Joe's and brownies from my mom. He recorded a sweet message on my computer for the kids (have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE our MacBook?), we prayed, and then he got in line to board. It was a sweet, sweet hour. I am so thankful to have had this time with him. Please join me in praying for his safety while away as well as the continued adjustment for Hayden and Katie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
awwwww making me tear up, you guys are so awesome. lots of prayers. and by the way, can't wait to see your cute short hair in person (julie not jim :)
ReplyDelete