Sunday, May 31, 2009

Travel Time

As you can tell from my previous couple of posts, we safely arrived in Virginia into the loving arms of all of my side of the family plus Jim and his parents who came for a visit Memorial Day weekend. The trip was LONG. I am not going to lie. LONG. I think when traveling with kids by yourself, you can multiply the hours by 10 per each kid. SO for me, it felt like an eternity.

Thankfully, I have the world's best travelers. They were well-behaved, they ate well, there were no accidents (Katie is still in diapers - a goal that was not reached prior to take-off), they were sweet, they slept well, they were helpful... I just really couldn't have asked for more from them. I could, however, have asked for more from United Airlines in America. In Japan, they were as sweet as could be and super helpful. I could pre-board, people carried my carry-ons and carseat in and out of the plane. When I was getting ready for our connection in San Fran, however, I met up with the world's least sympathetic and helpful person who, when I asked, said I couldn't pre-board. I could board when seating section 1 was called, but was not allowed to pre-board. Mind you, I have a sleeping 2 year old in the stroller that I had to collapse at the gate, my carry-on and purse, 2 kids' backpacks, and a giant car seat. When I asked if I could have assistance with the carseat, she informed me that it wasn't in their contracts to help with baggage or carseats. :< I took a deep breath and thanked her so very much for all of her help. AND I smiled.

I ended up waking Katie so she could walk down the aisle screaming. But as soon as I got the carseat in (while holding up the line - but that's what they get for not allowing me to pre-board) she was asleep until we landed in DC. Perfect. It took the kids 3 days/nights to sleep normally and now they are on their regular schedule! Yay! I know it is because a LOT of prayer has been pouring into this trip. Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment