Monday, May 11, 2009

HIROSAKI!!

A few weeks ago, the kids and I piled into a huge van rented by outdoor rec and we caravanned with four other families for some hanami bliss. The pictures just don't do it justice. The cherry blossoms were magnificent and the kids had a great time with their friends. I am so thankful for being here in Japan!

Here are some pictures from the park that we walked through to get to the castle grounds:






Then we walked to the castle grounds and this is what we saw along the way. Absolutely breath-taking!




The festival itself was inside the castle gates. Typical festival, but my cuties were cute amidst all the blossoms (even Hayden in all of his ridiculous garb):






And now for the best shots of the day:




I already can't wait for next spring so that Jim can come and enjoy hanami with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment