Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Birthday, Hayden Denton!!

Well, today was Thanksgiving and we have MUCH to be thankful for, for sure. One of the many people for which we are thankful is wonderful, sweet Hayden. Here he is - what a big five year old!



We began the day with a new Spiderman bowl and spoon to eat his gohan and misoshiru soup (his choice of breakfast). Then it was a really fun, relaxing day at home on a soggy, cool Thanksgiving birthday. Hayden was so happy it was dreary out when we got up this morning (weird?) because he told me he prayed it would be just like that so he could play with his new "Alien Lab" - a kit involving play-doh and goo that I wouldn't let him play with on a nice day!! I am sure I was just trying to avoid the mess, but he really has been waiting for a dreary day to play with this toy!



As we went through the rest of the day, Hayden and Katie were wonderful and playing so nicely together while Mom and I prepared Thanksgiving birthday dinner. Here we are getting ready to gobble down some turkey:




After dinner, he opened his presents and then we had pie. After pie, we had the neighborhood kids and parents over for birthday cake! I love my neighbors, I really do. Our close friends here really feel like family and after a long Thanksgiving day, they were all so happy to come over and sing to my sweet boy.






I have to say, I am much happier with the way Spiderman came out than his princess counterpart on Katie's birthday!








It was a great birthday, but Hayden is really looking forward to having Daddy home - which happens in 9 days!!! Yeah! Praise God for his goodness and mercy. This time has been a challenge but has been full of blessing as well. Thanks for praying for his safety while traveling!

1 comment:

  1. Again....with the crying. What is it with me? I guess I would much rather see it in person, than through pictures. Hug the Hayden.

    jenjen

    ReplyDelete