This morning, Hayden and I went into Katie's room to wake her by singing "Happy Birthday". I don't know who was more excited, Hayden or Katie. She sleepily stumbled into the bathroom to go potty and happily told me, "Mommy, I am 3 today!!" We got dressed and went downstairs for breakfast.
Katie chose pancakes and they both ate 2 big ones! She ate hers on her new princess plate with her new princess fork. When I put her princess cup in front of her she said, "Mommy, they match!!" After breakfast, it was off to school for Hayden and off to Bible study for Katie and me.
I let Katie pick where we went for lunch. She chose to go to Shimoda mall where she wanted udon and gohan! What a lunch... so nutritious! Ha! After lunch, we played in the Jusco play area and had Baskin Robbins before heading home.
The Cudzilos came over for dinner and presents. Katie loves Jesse, Caleb, and Noah and so does Hayden! After dinner, all of the neighborhood kids and parents came for cake and ice cream. Please don't laugh at the princess cake. The Barbie was too tall for her skirt!! I did the best I could - and Katie's reaction to it worth it all! As I was laying her down for bed tonight, she said "Thank you Mommy for my happy birthday". OK, so maybe I have a few tears now.
Such a very Happy Birthday for Princess Katie!!! Julie, you can be so proud of your mommy-skills!!
ReplyDeleteAnd the cake is great! Looking forward to seeing how Hayden celebrates his big day.
Also wanted to comment on earlier posts that it was so good to see Hogan back home with his family. We love you! Uncle John and Aunt Betzi
I love the cake. It looks like she accidently stepped in it. I wish we could have been there. Miss you all tons. T.O.N.S.
ReplyDeletejenjen