Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I have the best husband. He is so thoughtful and made Mother's Day surprises even from thousands of miles away. The first one was that last week, when I had our babysitter here watching the kids, Jim called and asked Julia to make Mother's Day cards with the kids. She did, and they hid them away (Hayden actually forgot all of this until late morning when Jim reminded him!). This was so sweet because they are too young to even know that Mother's Day is a special day! The second surprise was when my friend Nicole showed up at my door at 8:30 AM with flowers and Godivas. I was a crying mess. At first, I was crying because I thought they were from her (she is so sweet, I wouldn't put it past her to give me a Mother's Day treat) but she told me they were from Jim. Enter sobfest 2009. He had emailed her husband and requested help in getting them to me!

This Mother's Day turned out to be a good one. God really laid it on my heart that the MOST important part of the day was that I got to be with my kids. Jim won't get to be with them on Father's Day. This really put things into perspective as I was feeling sorry for myself that my husband wasn't with me to make my day really special. But after Nicole's visit and a quick kleenex fix, the day turned out to be great!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it!! I would of done the flowers for Jim too. That is just great!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Mother's Day surprise!

    ReplyDelete