Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sea World Saturday



We left the coast and headed toward Orlando on Saturday morning. We arrived 2 blocks away from Sea World at 10:30 and didn't set foot in the park until NOON. You are reading correctly. Why there was so much traffic, I will never know. I was so frustrated that I almost just drove straight to the resort - and altogether skipped Sea World.

But I didn't. We went - and the kids had a blast! I will say, however, that amusement parks are meant for a mom and dad team - or a mom and friend team, or whatever. But NOT a single mom with 2 kids by herself with the exception of the Shamu show with my mom and Magra. Magra is, after all, 80 - so they took the day easy and strolled around and sat in cafes while I braved the crowds, heat, and sweat all for my children. It was worth it though. They keep talking about how much fun it was!

For the past 4 years, we have gotten into Sea World free of charge thanks to their "Salute to Heros" program where military families receive one complimentary pass annually. We love that Sea World recognizes and rewards military families for their sacrifices, and especially appreciated it this year! I definitely got teary-eyed during the Shamu show at the beginning when they ask families to stand. Very touching.

Watching the pirate show - otters and sea lions

Loving Shamu

Fun for all ages

Feeding the sea lions (and cranes, who stole 6 out of 7 fish we threw!)

Watching the dolphins swim underwater

Watching the sting rays

Katie was so brave! She touched one!

On an adventure in the arctic...

Hayden is tired from a long day and ready for the resort!

1 comment:

  1. HJ has Hayden's green glasses - I saw them on the ground and threw them in her stroller, sorry! Will get them to you!

    ReplyDelete