Sunday, April 19, 2009

Playing Catch-Up

So I just realized that in all the craziness, I never posted about all the fun stuff we packed into the two weeks before Jim left! How could I have forgotten? Let's see... it all started with ice-skating. We thought this was such a great idea. It ended up being a DISASTER!!! It was so not fun. Just thinking about the whole debacle makes me laugh out loud right now. The rental shoes are to blame, we think, as they had NO ankle support at all. As Jim's and my ankles jerked clumsily left to right (and never happily balanced over the blade) we were breaking our backs to hold our children up. Katie and I made it to the nearest exit and it was all I could do to not take off my skates and walk in wet socks back to the rental counter. Hayden and Jim made it halfway around, whereupon they cut across the middle to get back to us. We quit. We moved on to bowling which proved much more fun. Here are some hilarious pictures of our children.







Bowling was great fun. Katie had such great expressions after rolling the ball and Hayden beat us all with his skills. We will definitely go bowling again and skip the ice arena.









1 comment:

  1. thanks for the ice-skating tip. we'll wait another five years! bowling is one of our favorite family activities too! nice photos of jim and his living arrangements. can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete