Monday, April 6, 2009

Update

We are doing well - we are now 17 days into our new journey and still holding up! It is really amazing how God has given me more patience since Jim has gone. I thought it would be the opposite and I would be at my wits' end by 4 PM and the kids would be in bed by 5. But I know many people are praying for us and He has really allowed me to enjoy this sweet time with my children.

Jim is in the barracks with 39 other men and is hard at work 6 days a week with PT, cultural classes, language classes, and this week more "Army" classes. I am assuming life-saving tough-guy classes. I am hoping he will only need the language and cultural knowledge and will never have to use what he learns in the tough-guy classes. But he says it's not too bad. He gets a hot breakfast every day (Magra will be glad to hear that - she was so shocked that I don't make him a hot breakfast every day before he leaves for work - I believe she used the word "deprived") and he even got to go watch basketball on Saturday night downtown. I sent a few more changes of clothes for him, civilian-wise, since the only civi clothes he had was what he wore on the plane! He looks good on Skype and we are so thankful to be able to talk to him twice a day for now.

Thank you to all who continue to pray for us, think of us, and support us. We love you all!

1 comment: